Fall weather calls for fancy layering but how do you pull of unique layering ideas without looking homeless. It's usually a dilemma that most of us face. The other dilemma is finding new ways to layer your usual fall staples. I mean how many times can we put a collared shirt under a sweater without us being bored out of our minds. Here's my version of Layering 101: Fall Layers For The Chic (not "For Dummies").
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you're layering:
- Always pair oversized pieces with refined sleek pieces
- Don't be afraid to mix textures when layering but stick to 2 at a time
- When layering, experiment with different lengths
- You should always begin your layering with the longest piece
- Structured pieces such as jackets and coats pull the layered pieces together into a refined look
Here are three layering examples that I'm loving this fall: